Thursday, April 23, 2009

Inventory & Assessment


When I purchased the "donor-cycles" for this project, I got two partially assembled RD's, several large boxes full of "stuff", a motor with a connecting rod sticking through the case, a BIG pile of "miscellaneous parts", one well worn manual, and two clear titles to the frames. What a deal!


The seller even had one of the bikes running when I showed up! He started it up, rev'ed it a couple of times and then looked quite disappointed when I declined his offer of a test ride. No way was I riding that death-trap. After piling the heap of parts into my wife's garage space, I began sifting and sorting. I was actually amazed at how complete the parts selection turned out to be. With a little time on eBay and Craigslist, I could easily build two RD's from the vast assortment of parts littering my garage.


I sorted, I cleaned, I boxed up, and then I made a list of "needs" and "wants". Now I need to pull out the plastic and begin the "logistic & staging phase" of Project RD Racer.

No comments:

Post a Comment