Sunday, December 16, 2012

The RD Curse


Today I finished up in the garage and started prepping the RD for a test run of the new carb jetting, until my wife came out to the garage. She was heading out and refused to let me test ride the bike if she was not at home. Confidence inspiring it's not, but in reality my wife's attitude is a reaction to a long string of crashes, wipe-outs, break-downs, and even a dry fuel tank. When I head out on the RD things happen and my wife has taken note.

In the not so distant past I have really pushed on the RD. I also accomplished 1 "I can see my house from up here" high-side, 2 low-sides, and 1 wipe-out that I still don't know what happen, "bringing the bike upright, wacked the throttle WFO and then next thing I remember was sliding on my back on the side of the road". The RD is fun to push...... Its light, its tiny, its got a brutal power-curve when it comes onto the pipe.... Just can't resist.

Need to chill on the RD, or else I'm going to get hurt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment