Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ducati Demo Days


The Ducati Truck is coming to Dallas, Advanced Motorsport to be exact. This weekend I am heading over to test ride the new Monsters, the 696, 1100, and the "OooLaLa" 1100S.

I am hoping to keep my wallet in my pants and my butt out of divorce court, but the temptation will be great..... I will be strong! I will be strong! I will be strong! I will be.... I want a Monster!, I want a Monster! I want a Monster!.....


After Saturday at the AMS Ducati test-ride, it is back to the garage for all day Sunday! Finally, back on task, back on Project RD400 Racer!
Update----------------

A bit of a let-down, the Monster is not that much of a "Monster" in the flesh. I guess my true love would have been the Street-Fighter 1098S, that is until they fired up the Desmosedici RR.... Holy Shit! I'm in love! The bike sounds like Desmo-Sexicci! A bike, even a bike as sweet as the Desmosedicic RR, should NOT cost $70K! WTF, who the hell pays $70K for a sportbike?

OK, I do like the Monster, not the 698, not the 1100, but YES...... the 1100S is a nice bike, but is it $14K nice? I say, NO! I could get the 848 Superbike, with the cartoonish "Captain America" custom paint scheme for the same price!


My advice on Ducatis, buy used or just steal one!


This YouTube Video Says it all for the Desmosedicci!




No comments:

Post a Comment