Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Hate Wiring! I Love Dreaming!


Spent last evening connecting and routing wiring, I hate wiring. I classify wiring as "non-mechanical", translated that means boring. I love the look of well routed and well managed wiring, but it is all so anti-climatic.

I started at the front of the RD and fastened and routed the wiring working my way rearward. Most of the wiring is tucked up and mounted under the subframe, nice and clean, out of sight. This evening I should finish mounting and routing the last of the wiring, just in time for my clutch parts to arrive!

Progress...

I can tell I'm getting close to completing the RD Racer because my mind is constantly drifting to, "Where should I journey to when the RD is done?". Today I am going to buy a new copy of the "Texas Gazetteer", an atlas that shows all the little country backroads. Then I'll sit down and plan out a 400 to 600 mile "RD Adventure". Maybe I'll head north to the Oklahoma "Salt Flats" or to the cool Little hip town of Tahlequah. Maybe I'll try to discover a new "backroad route" to Austin and Luckenbach. Maybe the rolling mountains of north-eastern Arkansas. My mind is dreaming of an epic 2-stroke adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment